The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, 52Carl, Hotrod Lincoln, TooMany2count, chemanic, 1 invisible), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,418
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#234677 06/09/2007 10:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
I have a 51 GMC truck, but I switched the steering arms, drag link, and pitman arm to parts off a 53, which had the tapered holes instead of the ball studs. The problem is that my drag link is worn out, with no rubber boots and I can't get the nut off. I have heard about making an adjustable one, but I don't know what the correct parts for it would be. I have found this website and I was wondering if these tie rod ends fit the tapered holes in my 53 steering arms: http://www.stockcarproducts.com/susp8.htm
Which ones would be appropriate? If any of these fit, I can buy two ends and a tie rod tube to make an adjustable drag link.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Wish I could help Justin but i replaced my front suspension with a Mustang II. I'm sure there will be plenty of answers to your question real soon.
Your Webshots documentation looks very good.
Good luck.


~Jim

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0