The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, BC59, 46truck), 109 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,331
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233954 05/14/2007 4:36 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 355
I thought about a yr and a half ago that we would be done before now. Seems we have hit all sorts of roadblocks in getting it back together. We sit here now within inches of the end and still cant get out of the tunnel. We had a lot of trouble getting the fornt end parts the line up correctly. Had to end up raising the ebtire clip up 3/4" to make the hood to fender tops meet properly. Lo and behold this made the radiator hit the fan at the top, so we had to remove it and change the mounts. Got it all back in today and drove around town a few blocks. Tonite I remembered we were short 3 lug nuts on the back wheels. I decided to put them on and lo/behold one of the studs went missing down inside the drum. This only means having to pull, the axil, the wheels, the hub and drum, finding out why this happened, and what the stud did while floating around inside the brake drum. Still got a lot of little parts to get on, like mirrors, parking brake lever, heater unit, and i still cant a horns to work right. Hopefully we will get this truck all together before the 4th of july...........someday :p


Jeff
1947 Chevy 6400 2-ton
In the Gallery
1953 3/4-ton
In the Gallery
It was fun while it lasted
#233955 05/14/2007 12:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
I know what you are feeling ,Jeff. We finally got ours running last week after almost 3 years. Now the carb is acting up. I took it off yessterday. Can't seem to get it to run properly. Might even break down and take it to our friendly mechanic.

#233956 05/14/2007 4:19 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 513
yes i have the tendency to "set dates" on when things should be also. Its kind of a down feeling when you don't. i was 18 months on my 49 3600 and now i'm a year and a half on my 63 k10, and i though i would have it painted by last March- well i'm still finshing little bits of body work. just hang in there you get it done


1949 Chevy 3600 Flatbed all orginal
1964 gmc 4000
1973 gmc 6000
2005 chevy duramax 4x4
1994 chevy 1500
Trucks are GM and Tractors are Orange

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom." - General George S. Patton
#233957 05/14/2007 4:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
If you are like me it will never be done.I have had mine up and running and taking it to cruisins for about 3 yrs.now.However every year I think of another improvement to do to it.This year its a Dakota Digital Dash,next year,who knows??

#233958 05/14/2007 5:18 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
i quit settin deadlines to have things done.i've been 12 yrs on my 49.it set for 9 yrs. after a divorce. so now i have so little time to work on it,i do what i can when i can.i've decided to put it together and work on it as i go. so maybe one day.......dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
#233959 05/14/2007 6:36 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 58
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 58
It does seem like 2 steps forward, one step back at times. I am installing 400 sbc in my 66 and it has been a ton of little things that are just different enough to keep me from getting it going. it did fire up on sat but now I am out of town for a week. Hope you drive yours to KC this summer. How's that 60 doing ?


55 Cabover
#233960 05/14/2007 8:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
When I get down and out about the progress, or lack thereof, I am making on one of my projects, I remind myself of this little saying. "Inch by inch, the project is a cinch and yard by yard, the project is hard!"

Keep your chin up and shot for the finish line. Good luck with your project.

Tony


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0