| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (TUTS 59),
95
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,624 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | Not much going on in the door section so I will post here. The doors sag lower in the rear when closed or almost closed. New pins, hinges are tight. Could the cab be mounted improperly on the frame? I am wondering if a slightly fatter rubber spacer in the front mounting location could possibly fix it.
Is there a way to shim the hinges?
Thanks as always. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | The only way to adjust the hinges on a 46 is to use heat/force to bend them. You actually need to tweak the hinges in order to adjust your doors. It takes some time an patience to get it right.
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 | Over... I have scanned some pages out of a GMC service manual that covers how to adjust your doors, among other things. It does take some bending of the hinges. No heat needed. You will need a piece of 2x4 and a big "C" clamp. I used these instructions when I was working on my 46. It really works. I can email it to you if you want. Just contact me directly. George | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 232 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 232 | Mine did the same. A piece of 2x4 just below the bottom hinge did the trick. I place the 2x4 there and then attempted to shut the door. Do this with light pressure at first. After several pushes on the door it lined right up. | | |
| |
| |