The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (stlcardinalsguy), 88 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#233010 04/30/2007 3:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 48
Not much going on in the door section so I will post here.
The doors sag lower in the rear when closed or almost closed.
New pins, hinges are tight.
Could the cab be mounted improperly on the frame?
I am wondering if a slightly fatter rubber spacer in the front mounting location could possibly fix it.

Is there a way to shim the hinges?

Thanks as always.

#233011 04/30/2007 1:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
The only way to adjust the hinges on a 46 is to use heat/force to bend them. You actually need to tweak the hinges in order to adjust your doors. It takes some time an patience to get it right.


1946 Chevy Pickip
#233012 04/30/2007 4:02 PM
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Over...

I have scanned some pages out of a GMC service manual that covers how to adjust your doors, among other things. It does take some bending of the hinges. No heat needed. You will need a piece of 2x4 and a big "C" clamp. I used these instructions when I was working on my 46. It really works.

I can email it to you if you want. Just contact me directly.

George

#233013 04/30/2007 5:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
Mine did the same. A piece of 2x4 just below the bottom hinge did the trick. I place the 2x4 there and then attempted to shut the door. Do this with light pressure at first. After several pushes on the door it lined right up.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0