The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (carbking, CandoBrent, 2 invisible), 92 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,286
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#232826 04/28/2007 6:58 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
After a lot of thought on this, I FINALLY decided to upgrade Dusty's rear end. I got on the phone yesterday and called MY favorite parts supplier, Classic Parts Of America, and spoke with a VERY knowledgeable and helpful "ANGIE" (X-245) about getting all the right items to complete my upgrade. I ended up ordering the 3.38 to 1 Ring & Pinion gears, the complete installation kit and the differential carrier and rear cover gaskets. Running a stock 235 won't put me in the "fast lane", I know, but the higher ratio should at least give me a better top end (with lower RPM), and save somewhat on gas. Anyone out there that has completed this upgrade, and can pass along their insight on the installation and results?

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I did it on a 56 about 2 years ago. Makes a whole different truck out of it. With a good 235 you will be able to go out there & run 65-70. Make shure you get the tooth pattern right. They come with good instructions & there are plenty of guys on the websight that will help. I wanted to put a set in the 58 I have now but they weren,t available for a long time so I put in a T-5.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 285
Wrencbender--Thanks for the reply! I'm running a completely rebuilt 235 (with only 1300 miles on the speedo since rebuild), so yep, it is a strong motor. Will be looking forward to seeing how much better the truck performs with the new rear end! I will take your advice about the tooth pattern being correct, and appreciate the advice. wink
P.S. I'm "Ret." also--isn't it GREAT? grin grin grin grin grin


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0