| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,401 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 33 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 33 | I have followed the instruction it the chevrolet manual but still can't get the parking brake to hold. The pedal locks down but the brakes won't hold on a hill. Anyone had this problem??
TIGHT IS TIGHT,TOO TIGHT IS BUSTED
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | I read where you followed the manual but have you gone to the e-brake cables and undone the clevis pins? Then you pull the cables forward, turn the clevis until the holes line up and re-insert the pin. Unless the parts inside the brake drums are not hooked up to the shoes correctly or at all. Mine were not holding until I did that cable bit. They are not locking however and I found that the arm and rods in the cab need rebuilding. | | |
| |
| |