The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wally / Montana, Guitplayer, Jon G), 126 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#231060 04/05/2007 12:57 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
Ok... after running a through search and comming up empty......

I place this in the capable hands of everyone....
I have 3 NOS(new old stock) 700/16 military tread tires (never mounted) and 4 good used 700/16 military tread tires...(2 mounted on 6 lug mil-spec rims)..

Ouestion is..... what the heck should I ask for them in the swap-meet section?? what are they worth?? and are they worth keeping??

thanks
Michael


\'48 chev 2-ton boom truck (Boomer)
'49 Chev 2-ton flat bed
'65 Chev 35ft school bus
'88 GMC 6500
'72 Superior 26ft class "A" coach
'50 Farmall "M"
'71 MGB GT
'68 Austin-Healey Sprite
'65 Austin-Healey Sprite
and various other odd British cars
and lots of old radios.....

Although we know what the speed of light is..... What I want to know is... How fast is the speed of DARK??
#231061 04/05/2007 5:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
That tire size is off a Jeep.
New they are about $100.00 US
too bad they arn't 9.00/16 I could use then for my
Powerwagon


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos
#231062 04/06/2007 8:42 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
thanks... I'll see about posting them over on a jeep site
Michael


\'48 chev 2-ton boom truck (Boomer)
'49 Chev 2-ton flat bed
'65 Chev 35ft school bus
'88 GMC 6500
'72 Superior 26ft class "A" coach
'50 Farmall "M"
'71 MGB GT
'68 Austin-Healey Sprite
'65 Austin-Healey Sprite
and various other odd British cars
and lots of old radios.....

Although we know what the speed of light is..... What I want to know is... How fast is the speed of DARK??
#231063 04/18/2007 3:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 112
I found those here in texas for 85 bucks a piece, after every other tire dealer said they couldn't get any. I am putting them on my 64 gmc k1000, I think they will look cool.


64 & 66 GMC long fleetside 4x4
Cartwright, OK
#231064 04/18/2007 5:12 PM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 56
There a jeep site called g503 or something, pretty interesting. All the jeeps I had had five lug wheels.

Fireballv8---be carefull putting those wheels on your 64, they have absolutely no road grip in the rain or on wet pavement. Great for off road, snow, mud, but wet asphalt, a wreck waiting to happen unless you drive reallllly slow. voice of experience here.


Here is a link to some stuff about my brothers and I
http://bus-plunge.blogspot.com/search?q=hemmings
#231065 04/19/2007 6:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote
Originally posted by Jim Lee:
Great for off road, snow, mud
I wouldn't use them in the snow either, at least on pavement. Years ago I had set on an IH Scout. One frosty morning I stepped on the brakes and went right around backwards. Those tires came off as soon as I got back home! I've heard them called "grave diggers".

#231066 04/20/2007 12:56 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 507
Check the Coker Tire site at:

www.cokertire.com

They have most sizes in stock.


"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real"
"Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe"
41 1/2-ton, a work in progress
68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
#231067 04/20/2007 6:18 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Those Military tires are Non-Directional--I.E: under
hard braking on wet Roads they skid in no perticular
Direction! grin grin grin


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0