| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 125 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 125 | I did a search and didnt find an answer to this question. Is swapping a granny 4-speed to a T5 a simple matter of unbolt/bolt in or does the driveshaft length need changed? Any other changes I would need to do? I have read about different splines on these trannys, which is the correct swap??
Carl
'58 3600 350/4-sp/stepside/big window cab '59 3100 235/4-sp/stepside
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | search T5 and T5 task force in this forum, the hi-po forum and driveline forum T5 in task force T5 nothing is "simple"  the spline will be different, but can be adapted, not sure about the trans length re the driveshaft length, and you may need to add a trans support crossmember - part of why I prefer to stick to bolt in swaps Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | It's way more involved than a simple unbolt and bolt up.. and in many cases, the rear end has to be changed or re-geared to see any real benefit from a t5.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I,ve done 2 of them. It,s not a bolt in swap but pretty easy as swaps go. I think the end justifies it. There is a world of info on this websight in the tech tips & search the posts. Thats how I learned enough to do it. I take it you are working with a 58 or 59. The rear ends in either one sould work fine. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |