The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 69 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 112
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 112
I need better brakes in my '59 1/2 ton. I checked the archives and found people who were going to install the Kevlar shoes from PDB and post their opinions but nobody did. Usually I'm cruising at 55-60 on rolling hills, unloaded (me and the truck), on weekends. So can I hear from some of you with experience before I decide on front discs or kevlar shoes to whoa my 235? Thanks


--------------------------------------------------
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 103
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 103
If you are referring to Praise Dyno Brake out of Royse City, TX -- I can tell you that I am using their pad/shoes on my 95 Dakota -- and I coulsn't be happier 60,000 miles and still stops as well as when I put them on and a lot better than stock when truck was new -- I'm currently updating/restoring a 56 Chev sedan - putting on a dual resovoir MC and plan on keeping my drums and using Praise Dyno Brake products. car Craft magazing has tested both their drum only and disc/drum products -- liked'em.I had considered going to disc brakes, but what is available for the 55-57 cars moves each wheel out board 7/8" -- don't want to mess with possible wheel fitment issues.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0