The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (CuzzFuzz, 39Master85, Ponchogl, WICruiser, Otto Skorzeny), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,345
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#226202 03/03/2007 10:16 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
OK, my valve cover it painted and dry. You can see the pics at my Webshots page link below, page 4 or 5 I believe. I would appreciate your feedback as this is my test piece. I used the F#$d gray by Duplicolor in a rattle can. I like the color but would like your honest opinions. Thanks, WADA

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 187
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 187
Looks good to me. I'm not a real" ORIGINAL" fan anyway. I love this site cuz they say it's your truck do it the way you want! grin


'36 Tall cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '36 Low cab Chevy 1.5 ton, '53 GMC 2 ton, '51 GMC 640 5 ton, '47 Dodge 2 ton, '42 GMC CCKW 353 6X6.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
I would prefer that the valve cover be the color of the side cover, its original color and the original color of the entire engine and bellhousing. It is your truck, but you asked for opinions. The work you have done on the truck is excellent.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Wada,

I like that color, nice job. What is the purpose of the 'shunt' stuck in the center oiler overflow tube?

Stuart

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 85
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 85
what color should the valve cover on a 51 3100 be

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,029
That's a nice paint job, but it is way lighter than the dark gray/blue original color. That looks like a Jim Carter or Bill Hircsh color rather than the correct Chevs of the Forties or Filling Station color. The color on the outside of Wada's unmolested side cover is correct.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
Oh, Gee, Baldy, I will have to repaint it! For what it is worth, that is my color, just like the orginial engine!!

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 118
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 118
It's Blue grin

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
Well guys,
from the research I've done, this color will do. I've looked at a lot of pictures and heard that different factories used slightly different variances of the original gray. It doesn't really have much of a blue hint to it, but close enough. The camera picture does look lighter or brighter than it does in person. I appreciate all of your input. Now for the "Thristmaster" emblem application. Will post another pic when applied. Thanks again! WADA


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0