Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,403 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | For all who have the Art Decco Series '41 through early '47. Do your 1/2 & 3/4 ton PU's have rear fender braces?? The ones I'm referring to attach to the rear fender area near the back of wheel opening, about a foot or so up from the bottom of the fender. On the other end I think they attach either to the frame or, in the case of my 3/4 ton, look like they could have been attach to brackets on the ends 4th bed cross member. Are these original equipment or something added by lead footed farmers to keep the fenders from flapping during a high speed run (45mph) across the corn field ??
I have seen a few photos with what appears to be bolt heads where I described on the outside of the rear fender. So my second question is if they are supposed to be there were they welded or bolted at the fenders??
Now the important part....Does anyone have a photo, drawing or sketch?? Or better yet a set to sell. Or maybe one that is in bad shape but could be copied?? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 9 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 9 | Kip, Mine were bolted on (46GMC CC102). Seems that they were attached to the bed side. I've got one laying around somewhere that I plan on using. I don't think it would be too hard to fabricate something that would work. If I can figure out how to attach photos I'll get a picture attached to this link. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Mike you could send the photos to my e mail [email protected] | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 | mine did not have any on it or in the boxes that came with it
ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to, Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society AND A MARINE trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 144 | Kip, I have one sitting on my workbench, I'll send you a pic if you wish, Bob T | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Bob: I sure would appreciate that. My e mail is above in this string | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Thanks Chev4t6. Now at least I know what they look like, cant afford these | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 107 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 107 | The repo parts are less than $20 at jim carter, filling station, chevs of the 40s.... Check it out it will be worth it to have them you don't want to continually tear teh fenders.
1946 1/2 ton I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Thanks little horse, I have been dealing mostly with "Chevs" when I didn't see them there I sorta assumed (wrong) that no one had them. I see them now in jim carter's on line site, | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 232 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 232 | I made my own out of some 3/8" tubing. I cut to leangth and then crushed the ends flat. I then bent the ends to match the angles at the bottom of the fender and where I wanted to mount them on the bed side. Drilled holes on each end, the bottom of the fenders and the bed sides. Added paint and bolted them on. They look like a stock item. Total cost about $3 | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Originally posted by stea: I made my own out of some 3/8" tubing. There's two kinds of braces. There's a rod (with mashed ends) at the bottom corner and then there's a 1 1/2" wide brace about 10" up from the bottom corner. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 48 | I made mine. The fenders were so mangled back there, I made them adjustable. A rod in a tube with a nut welded on, feet on both ends for bolting, So as I did the body work, I could adjust them to the correct legnth. I also saw 2 rivits at the fop of the wheel opening just about dead center, and a spot on the bed side with 2 holes in it. No bracket, just the marks where one had been. It looked to me like the ones listed on Brads site would fit there. I left them out. | | |
| |