Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 | I've been actively seeking the hood side trim pieces for my 39 for over 10 years. A set on Ebay looks like it will go for over $200.00. None of the parts places seem to have them either. At that point it would be easier to find a complete truck.
Does anyone think that it would be possible to fabricate these pieces?
I have someone who can make metal parts if I can give him a detailed drawing. Is it possible for someone who has these pieces loose to snap some detailed photos and email them to me along with length and height? Also, what do the attachment clips look like?
With that information I am pretty sure I could draw up a detailed drawing in CADD and post the whole experiment to the site if I can get it to work.
Thoughts? Am I crazy (likely)? Is there a source I am missing that might have these?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 | i might have an extra set, I know that i have an extra set of hood doors, but not sure what is hanging off them, or even what kind of shape they are in.... i'll also have to figure out how much i have into them...
I'm going up into the attic this week, so i'll have a look around.
Probably aught to move this into the swap meet so i dont get yelled at for selling in the forums.
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 | Rusty,
I truly appreciate the help. I posted in the swap meet with no response. I'm not looking for show quality, just something for a good driver. Please email me - thanks!
Jonathan | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 7 | I have a set off the hood on my 40 half ton. I will be glad to take a photo tomorrow to send you. I fabricated a set for the hood of an LA Case tractor a couple of years ago and they looked great. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | Are they much different than the ones on the '41 thru '46 hoods?
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 | I think the 41-46 had three bars? The 39-40 is kind of a tweener when it comes to style. The 39 shared many items with the 38-37 like gauges, interior colors etc. The 40, while nearly identical to the 39 has a larger top bar on the grill, parking lights, sealed beam headlights, the 41-46 dash, and a wider bed. The unique part of these two trucks were the hood ornament, the hood trim and the grill design.
I love the design of the art-decos, but the 39/40's still have that 'older' look with the headlamps separate from the fenders. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 Moderator - The Electrical Bay | | Moderator - The Electrical Bay Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 3,441 | I took a look at the hood doors, they have all the parts there, and the trim pieces are ok.. other than some scratches and at least a few dings...
Another quality post. Real Trucks Rattle HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 184 | Rusty,
Thanks for the info. I'll email you so we don't get into any issues by the posting being in this forum.
Thanks!
Jonathan | | |
| |