The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, DES57, Peggy M), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,422
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 36
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 36
Auto Zone can get me a gasket set for my 270 in 24 hours for 25% less than NAPA who want 5 to 7 business days or another $60 to have it here tomorrow. For the Fel-Pro set Rock Auto wants the same as Zone but another $40 to have it here tomorrow I haven't done this in over 35 years and I don't know what to look for anymore. Is there a quality difference? Could they be different types of gaskets?

It's important to me that I get these quickly but I don't want to sacrifice quality. thanks jerry

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 9
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 9
I have found Auto Zone quality to be OK on most parts. I doubt any GMC 270 gasket set would be coming from non-US sources, so you're probably OK with whatever they can come up with.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
I found that pretty funny. On the gasket set I got from Patrick's, on the box, it was specified where each gasket was made. There were three categories.

Foreign made.
American made.
American made from foreign materials.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 36
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 36
turns out that Auto Zone sells the Fel-Pro. So that's what I'm going with. thanks for all the input. jerry

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 206
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 206
So Tony, where did the Patrick's gaskets originate?


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0