Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible),
110
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 37 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 37 | Hi all, new to the site, I have a question on window glass patterns for a 51. I have a local man that cuts glass for hotrods but he doesn't have the pattern for a 51,I tried the search and I coundln't find anything on it. I'm not that computor savy,anyways, does anyone have a pattern for this or can lead me in the rite direction. I put my 51 on a s-10 frame, if I can figure this out I will post some pictures,thanks in advance for your help. Dan | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | Hi Dan and welcome to the bolt. I don't have any patterns for the 51, but all my glass is out of the truck. If you would want to take measurments and make patterns we should get together. I am only 45 minutes south of you.By the way,you wouldn't still have your original gas tank would you? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 | Elm, If he doesn't, I do. Not all that far from you.
My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 37 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 37 | Elm, thanks, I believe I still have my gas tank, it might take a bit too find it. I also have a bed I think came from a 54,I was going to put it on ebay but I'm going to offer it on this site first, would like to help someone out if I can. we should get in contact I can bring the tank and we'll measure up the windows. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | 51dan79 check your Private Messages. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | pablos, we need to get together when the weather gets little better. let's get through this cold spell and maybe get together on some weekend. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 | Sounds like a good idea. Once I get my truck out for the summer, I'll feel like going on a little drive. Like I said, if 51dan79 doesn't have a gas tank, I've got one on my shelf in the garage.
My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | I don't really need the tank, I need the main gas shutoff valve and the sending for a 1951 Chevy. Both were missing when I got my truck.I am trying to put it back together as original as possible. Let me know if you have them and I will send you an e-mail. thanks | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 262 | elm, I might have a sending unit in my boxes out there. I'll take alook tomorrow and let you know.
My truck: She may not be the prettiest girl at the dance, but she's all mine!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 37 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 37 | Elm, i have the valve you need I'll lok for the rest later | | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | Thanks Dan. I will try to catch up with after this snow storm. I thought we were only supposed to get flurries. Yeh right. They say we could get up to 8 inches now. If you have time could you check and see if you have the parking brake swing arm and pedal assembly out of the 51? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 85 | i need a 51 tank and sending unit, do you want to sell it? how much? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 |
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | |
| |