The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gray_Ghost), 87 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,541
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Being as I don't own a welder or know how to use one, my plan is to lay out my brackets on a sheet of 1/4 plywood, then get a local welding shop to fabricate mounts from my template. Any words of caution or direction is welcome.
Happy New Year and Congradulations WVU

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
go to www.adengineering.com they have a complete kit already to bolt or weld on.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Thanks Joe, I like how you made your mounts. The frame on my 2000 S10 is all boxed. I won't be able to bolt my mounts to the frame unless I use really long bolts and go all the way thru. You are one awsome fabricator and welder.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Hey I never even thought of that Joe. I can make access holes in the box frame with a whole saw and then get the mounts welded later at a shop. If I could weld like you, I would use a section of the firewall off the S10 and just tack it fast to the 40 cab.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Today I made two "LargeMarge" style cab mounts for the 40ChevyS10 Frame Swap . The bottom washer measures 3 1/8". The inside of the 2"x3" thick wall tubing measures 2 3/4". It looks like I need to grind a flat spot on the sides of that washer so the bushing can crush tight. Does that make sense?
Thanks for all help and advise.
John

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
Thanks Joe, looks like im off to the bench grinder to index the bottom washers. Looks like I need to buy three more hole saw bits. Those two holes I bored this evening burned that first bit up already.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
What size hole did you have to drill? The mounts look good. I plan on using 3"x6" tubing to get the cab off of the frame a little bit more so my truck doesn't sit so low. This will also cut down on the modifications that are needed for the front sheetmetal mounting.


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 37
53GMCPhil the whole size is 1 1/2 Inch..or 38mm.
I know Stovebolters don't like the metric system but some of the bits I saw were only measured in mm.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0