| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (IHPWR, Phak1, 66flea, 1 invisible),
122
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,445 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#22055 02/15/2003 5:23 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 3 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 3 | some how my rear rims got bent and i wanted to buy new rims and tires anyhow. I have a 54 gmc 3/4 ton and wanted it to have a little sportier look (if possible). Does anyone know what size rim and tire would be best without spending a lot of money. I was told that i would be able to fit a 15x10 rim under the fender but i wasn't too sure about that | | |
#22056 02/17/2003 8:14 PM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 384 | My 55 1st series had 15" rims on it that were most likely aftermarket. I went back to 16" rims like the originals, and would like to part with my 15" rims eventually. I now have 3 15" rims and will return to the junk yard to get more. My 15's are probably 7 inches wide or so. If you are interested, maybe we can work something out.
55 1st Chev.
| | |
#22057 02/17/2003 8:32 PM | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 19 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 19 | abalderama: Check your E-mail. I might have what you're lookin' for. Darwin
If you think you can or if you think you can't, either way you're right.
| | |
#22058 02/17/2003 8:33 PM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 3 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 3 | i dunno, i've have to deal with another problem first with my truck. I was looking for a wider rim anyhow. i was just curious about what kind of offset and everything would work and how much rubber i could fit under the truck | | |
#22059 02/17/2003 9:04 PM | Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 19 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2002 Posts: 19 | abald It was a close fit to get the wheels on. It looked good with them on, but it was hard to steer - especially when parking. If you like I'll measure wheel offset when I get home and let you know tomorrow. One other thing I noticed is that the mounting studs were a little short for the alloy wheel. If I wanted to use these I would opt for longer studs. Darwin
If you think you can or if you think you can't, either way you're right.
| | |
| |
| |