Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,305 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Special Announcement from a good friend and supporter of the Stovebolt Page -- American Classic: "The chromed metal '54 Chevy truck grilles have arrived and they really look nice. [img] http://www.stovebolt.com/forum/actp/GRL_54s.jpg[/img] "We are selling them for $650.00 ea. plus shipping/handling. Our part number is GRL-54." I've seen the originals (re-chromed) for sale at swap meets for $1,200.00 or more. Go to American Classic to see more about it. Just thought I'd pass that along for you guys. Is this advertising? Yep. And I'll bend the rule for anyone who does as much for this web site as Pete does. Regards, John
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 171 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 171 | That looks very nice, and the price seems very reasonable. If I was going to go chrome I'd definitely call up American Classic. Nice part!
The only thing I wonder is how many 54/55.1 owners prefer the chrome versus a painted grille. Perhaps I'm biased because my 54 has a painted grille, but I actually think a painted color-matching grille flows better with the front of these trucks. I wonder what others think? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | Greg, been thru that chrome no chrome deal before but I can show you what I think... click here Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | YOU RULE BENDER, JOHN!! THANKS! If the shiny chrome, all slicked out, in the weeds, hot rods start using these maybe some old painted ones will show up for sale ?? I have white w/black lattering Either way, Buddy | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I have an original 54-55.1 grill already acid dipped for $400.00 plus shipping.
Just stating factual information, not advertising. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,144 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 | CHROME WILL TAKE YOU HOME
cgresham1212 If you don't drive it, why have it? 55 1st Series 3100 5 window
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 162 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 162 | Mine was chrome originally so if one of you replaces your chrome one with a new chrome one and you have the middle bar on the passenger side then send it to me. Mine has a dent in it.
I like them.
Tim
53 3100 1929 Ford Roadster Pickup 1934 Ford Pickup 68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door My Fleet
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 162 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 162 | What am I thinking?
For Sale:
One original chrome grill from a 54 chevy truck. One small dent that you can barely see.
$1,200.00
Tim
53 3100 1929 Ford Roadster Pickup 1934 Ford Pickup 68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door My Fleet
| | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Whoa, easy now gang! I said *I* was gonna bend the rules here, not throw open the doors to all you persian rug merchants!!! When you clowns start supporting the site to the tune of thousands of doll hairs, maybe I'll let you get away with this Meanwhile.... you're busted ! Bad dogs! Grrrrrrr! Sheriff Juan
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | Looks great,but how is the fit ? 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | |
| |