The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Phak1, Otto Skorzeny, Guitplayer, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Special Announcement from a good friend and supporter of the Stovebolt Page -- American Classic:

"The chromed metal '54 Chevy truck grilles have arrived and they really look nice.

[img]http://www.stovebolt.com/forum/actp/GRL_54s.jpg[/img]

"We are selling them for $650.00 ea. plus shipping/handling. Our part number is GRL-54."

I've seen the originals (re-chromed) for sale at swap meets for $1,200.00 or more.

Go to American Classic to see more about it.

Just thought I'd pass that along for you guys. Is this advertising? Yep. And I'll bend the rule for anyone who does as much for this web site as Pete does. grin

Regards,
John


~ One of many.
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 171
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 171
That looks very nice, and the price seems very reasonable. If I was going to go chrome I'd definitely call up American Classic. Nice part!

The only thing I wonder is how many 54/55.1 owners prefer the chrome versus a painted grille. Perhaps I'm biased because my 54 has a painted grille, but I actually think a painted color-matching grille flows better with the front of these trucks. I wonder what others think?

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Greg, been thru that chrome no chrome deal before but I can show you what I think...

click here


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
YOU RULE BENDER, JOHN!! THANKS!

If the shiny chrome, all slicked out, in the weeds, hot rods start using these maybe some old painted ones will show up for sale ?? grin

I have white w/black lattering

Either way, Buddy


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an original 54-55.1 grill already acid dipped for $400.00 plus shipping.

Just stating factual information, not advertising.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
like the grill

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
CHROME WILL TAKE YOU HOME


cgresham1212
If you don't drive it, why have it?
55 1st Series 3100 5 window
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
Mine was chrome originally so if one of you replaces your chrome one with a new chrome one and you have the middle bar on the passenger side then send it to me. Mine has a dent in it.

I like them.

Tim


53 3100
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup
1934 Ford Pickup
68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door
My Fleet
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 162
What am I thinking?

For Sale:

One original chrome grill from a 54 chevy truck. One small dent that you can barely see.

$1,200.00

Tim


53 3100
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup
1934 Ford Pickup
68 Plymouth Satellite RR Clone 2 Door
My Fleet
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Whoa, easy now gang! I said *I* was gonna bend the rules here, not throw open the doors to all you persian rug merchants!!!

When you clowns start supporting the site to the tune of thousands of doll hairs, maybe I'll let you get away with this wink

Meanwhile.... you're busted ! Bad dogs!

Grrrrrrr!
Sheriff Juan


~ One of many.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Looks great,but how is the fit ?


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0