| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,488 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 23 | Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the "TCI" style brake master and booster that mounts in the original brake master location? There are several copy-cats out there. One on Ebay in particular at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955...ategoryZ33566QQihZ009QQitemZ190031708063 Any advice would be appreciated.
CCB
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 96 | i bought this one from ebay brake booster it worked good. i dont know if it is from tci but it worked and fit good. looking at the one you posted i dont know how it would mount because the holes it has wouldn't fit the original location. the one i bought fits right in the stock location. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 | I got one of these for the 41 Sedan but with an braket that fits the Sedan frame.
So far so good. But there is no chance to mount the clutch pedal wich is mounted together with the brake pedal on the original master cyinder.
I will ether modify the booster braket to accept the clutch pedal or cut the front portion of the original cylinder of and bolt it to the braket.
I go and make some pics and post them here to show the procedure.
Frank | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 | I have an aftermarket unit on my 55.I believe I bought it at Chevy Duty,They are not cheap but work very well.I have a M2 TCI frontend with disc brakes on the front and regular drums on the rear.Only problem is it is a pain in the a// filling the unit or adding brake fluid. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 122 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 122 | I too have been wondering about using the power master cylinder that is mounted under the floor on my '57 3100. Is there an advantage to this position vs. mounting on the firewall? I can see the benefit of not needing to rework the brake pedal and it keeps the engine compartment clean, but I wonder how tough it is to fill the master and if it is more suseptable to damage under the cab?
Any advice is appreciated | | |
| |
| |