The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, Shade Baby, TooMany2count, Bluesky54), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#215230 09/07/2006 2:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this: I went to Painless wiring to find a harness for my 50 Chevy Panel. Called the toll free #, got the item number and went online to their site to see the price. Painlesswiring was in the URL but when I clicked on the item and the add to cart, the URL became Shopatron.com. I searched for such an animal, and it supposedly doles out orders to various painless dealers and lots of other products for other companies. No problem except that the company it directed me to was $100.00 more that Summit or Jegs. It won't tell you what dealer it is until you give all your information and credit card #. I called Painless, talked with customer service and she said that their computer guy will check it out. For the new restorer like me, I would of thought that was the price had I not looked at the change in the URL. If it wasn't for my brother in law and his paper cataloge,I would of paid $364 rather than 271. Beware, Brian.

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Thanks for the tip Brian...I will be buying a harness soon and Painless is one of the sites I looked at recently
Rich


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
check ebay too...


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Buy from Hotrodwires.com and save even more.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
how did that one work out Maxx?


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
It will work good It is like the Painless harness
I will need just ten or so of the 21.
And it is real long got lots to work with
Maxx


52 GMC Grumman Olson Kurb Side stepvan T3-8(Comet)69 GMC 1/2-ton
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 887
I'd guess that these trucks, even with electric windows, a/c and electric locks, only need 12 circuits at the most.

I used an 'its a snap' kit with mini blade fuses and it included the signal flashers and headlight relays. It included plenty of wire and the wire was all labeled every 6" with what it was for, plus it was color coded to match GM so I can add a GM column, auto-tranny and ignition switch, or LS-6 and computer, no problem. I picked it up on e-bay for $100. Same as Maxx I had more circuits than I needed or will ever need since I'm using a 261 and t-5.


'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 576
would have went withez wire had it been an option at the time i bought a 12 circuit painless 10yrs ago and its still not installed.my project was mothballed due to a divorce.and is just now startin up again.they were expensive then $250 . i have since purchased their maxi fuse to install with it that now comes standard on their kits. i'd go with the ez wire ..my .02....dave


1949 Chevrolet 3100

"When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0