The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214370 08/23/2006 10:20 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
I'm making a remote reservoir for the brake fluid to the master cylinder. I was planning on using the reservoir from the back end of a motorcycle, but the bike salvadge guy wants $60.00. He won't split up the parts.
So, I was at Harbor Freight and I noticed that their touchup gun has a nice aluminum bottle with an air tight cover. Thw whole gun was only $19 so I bought it. That bottle will look sweet hanging from my firewall, and I will check the fluid more often seeing as I don't have to lift the rubber and pull out that god awful plug.


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
#214371 08/23/2006 11:09 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 31
5
Junior Member
Junior Member
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 31
I love it when you can find odd parts that are functional and cool.
Be sure that the bottle is air tight. (Darn brake fluid sucks the moisture right out of the air - then big trouble!)
Harbor Freight has great prices for items that I may need to use on a limited basis. Picked up a sawzall for under twenty bucks.
Rick


I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
#214372 08/25/2006 6:04 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
GMConviceved I have one of those $20 sawzalls - it works fine, but watch that allen screw on the blades - its a cheapo and wants to strip.

#214373 08/25/2006 9:00 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 641
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 641
old vw have a resovor use one of those

#214374 06/06/2007 2:46 AM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 122
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 122
What type of master cylinder are you using that goes with a remote reservoir?

#214375 06/06/2007 6:37 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
And how will you plumb it into existing?


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0