The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
12 members (Gdads51, greenie-reddy, Simso, Joe H, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, Peggy M, Oswald, Jon G, 1 invisible), 172 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,103
Posts1,056,183
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211341 07/07/2006 4:17 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I scored a 98 Mercury marquis electric fan setup from the local U-Pull-It for $25. When I got home I was amazed-it is nearly a bolt in for the big six/V8 radiator!(24",not the tiny 17" small six radiator) I cut off the OE mounting tabs w/a sabre saw, & it slips in place of the OE shroud, just need to drill the attaching holes & wire it up. these fans pull an honest 3000 CFM + & draw about 30-40 amps. brian web page


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#211342 07/07/2006 5:46 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 41
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 41
Wow, looks great! I should try that on my C20, as it doesn't have the factory shroud anymore and it tends to overheat. What's involved with wiring it? Do you set it to run all the time?


Get some good information or help? Donate to the site and keep it alive for all to enjoy!
#211343 07/07/2006 5:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
you can, you will need a heavy switch or relay(preferred),,I haven't wired it yet but it has 2 speeds. Moves enough air to spin the cluch fan on an engine/trans sitting in the floor a couple feet away!(shop is a mess) I plan on low speed coming on @ operating temp, then the high speed when a/c is on. Several websites have info on wiring, usually the Ford taurus/Merc Sable fan are used. the Crown/Marquis is the same fan w/a different shroud which happens to fit like it was made for the 64. brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#211344 07/07/2006 6:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
I bought a after market temp controled switch. works as both a relay and switch (about 25 bucks.) 40amps is too much not to use a relay. I don't know of a switch that will hold it.

#211345 07/08/2006 2:01 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 41
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 41
Great deal, I'll go that way. Thanks a lot! smile


Get some good information or help? Donate to the site and keep it alive for all to enjoy!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0