The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 39
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 39
I bought a 235 and put it in my truck. It was supose to have a bellhousing that bolted up to my transmission. It turns out that it fit a 69 chevy four speed. I bougt a driveline out of a 3/4 ton 69 chevy however it was about two inches too long. I was wondering if there happens to be a drive line that is a perfict fit?

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Let's be sure we have this right. You have a Chevy truck (year?) in which you have installed a 235 and a SM465 tranny from a 69. I'm assuming your truck is a 3/4 ton. If your driveshaft will work, except for being too long, I would recommend you find a local driveshaft shop and have them cut, weld and balance your shaft.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 39
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 39
I have a 3\4 ton 1947. I took the front half of the driveshaft to a shop and they cut it for me.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0