The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (cmayna, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, Goach2, Donf, dt235sd, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H), 60 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,311
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#204809 03/28/2006 4:03 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
So today I wanted to install my new electric wipers I ordered from Jim Carters. I have ordered almost an entire truck from them and usually have had great luck. The description made it out to be a perfect fit well they stick out about 2" and looks like crap. They just use a nut and only a nut to secure to the cab. Not only will that look like crap but scratch the paint really bad. Anyone else use this conversion or have better luck with any others. Also what fluid do you use in the steering box. I know stupid question but I just don't know.
Thanks


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
#204810 03/28/2006 12:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
I got the lower priced electric wipers from Jim's also. They were supposed to fit inside the upper cover. I had to grind the switch on the back for them to clear the flat cover. As for the nut on the outside I went to American Classic Truck parts and got the chrome bezels and gaskets for it. Kinda pricy for $18 each but they fit nice and look very good. I don't care for the switch Jim said to used but I'll find another soon. Also to keep so much of the shaft from sticking out I used a piece of 1/4 or 3/8" pipe to act as a spacer inside roof.


David
Just a firefighter,
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
'46 1/2 T Panel
#204811 03/28/2006 5:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
Bluepen thanks, I want to use them but the fit is just not helping. Thanks again


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
#204812 03/28/2006 10:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
Another quality 'made for your truck' repro or aftermarket part that dosen't fit without some degree of fiddling with it.

Somehow I doubt the words 'It'll work, but look like hell unless you buy a bunch more stuff and jack around with it for days' is mentioned in the sales literature.

I wonder if you can get that wiper in a 3 piece 'extra value' deal with the bent to hell radiator and the leaky gas tank with the metric fittings?


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0