Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible),
142
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I need to replace both rocker panels on the 67. I just noticed in a catalog by one of the major parts distributors that they offer both Original GM, and reproductions. There's a $70 difference in the price for each. That's $140 I could save on this.
Are the Aftermarket products worth the savings on something like this? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 445 | YES but may have to do a little fitting with the hammer.maybe.the price is right ,but is the () worth the savings and time.In the long run ya get what ya pay for.It's your ride and time .Good luck 
dan-pa
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | dan-pa, that's what I'm asking. I don't wanna be hammering on anything that concerns the truck.
If it won't fit right out of the box, then I'll spend the extra money.
Just looking for advice.
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | neighbor just got finished doing a 69 for someone I know - used a variety of aftermarket tin [not GM] and everyhting was #1 fit and shape and weight - door sills/rockers, cab corners, front and rear fenders and step-boxside - I think made by Dynacorn, who do most of the 55 up patch panels and everything I've seen from them is perfect - ask who the non-GM parts are from
Bill | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 428 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 428 | I got my rocker panel replacement from LMC and the fit was almost perfect and the quality is good. Did have to do some light hammering in a couple of areas but I would think that should be expected when replacing most any body panels no matter the vendor. You have to remember that when these trucks were built even the factory workers had to do some fitting on various parts to get things to line up. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,682 | I really doubt GM is still making, or even stocks body parts for a 1967 model year truck.. so these 'original GM' parts are actually 'officially licenced' parts that 'meet or exceed original specs'.
The difference between garden variety repop parts and 'official GM reproduction parts' in most cases is just a sticker.
GM gets a kickback on each piece sold.. which is why they cost more. The seller passes that price on to the customer, and bumps the price up a hair higher than that to make it worth their while.
an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 18 | i need seats for my new 1948 GMC please help me find them seats,all of them | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 18 | the 48 runs and drives,looks good,all the metal is good,almost new tires,stock wheels and hubcaps,and i only paid 6,000 bucks for it..now i need the seats..PLEASE | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Yo gigispt - you should try looking in our links page - Links for our various vendors and check out their web pages. Also post in the interiors forum - thats the specialized place to discuss interior issues. You'll get a better response and we'll have easier access to your solutions in the future. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | As of yet I don't have any experience with aftermarket tins but that's about to change since aftermarket is all I can get for my 38. My general experience with all types of aftermarket parts for cars and bikes is that there is a broad range of quality levels. Normally OEM is better but some aftermarket producers do produce a surperior product. The rule of thumb I use is to buy OEM when in doubt and OEM parts are available.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 15 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 15 | Zzark, who is it that sells the gm replacement parts. I also am getting ready to replace my rockers on a '67 and I would also prefer a better fit out of the box. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | cb - for the 67-72 patch panels, check yer local NAPA, they should have a list of stuff available, some may even be actual GM, but here they also carry the parts from Goodmark , who make good stuff, or check at Dynacorn , the other place that makes great quality stuff, for their nearest distributor Bill | | |
| |