| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 738 | Stretch Doors! That would be trick. I think that it would look a lot better to do the doors than the back of the cab. If you do it let us see what it looks like. I think that stretch doors would be the ultimate thing to make a unique truck. Good luck!
Kyle
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton My Machine | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 | Hey Everybody Were off and rolling. Going to pick up a 5 window cab to cut up. Maybe some else can use the other half to do the same. I am going to strech the truck in the center 8".
THis is gong to be a major task. Were going to getter done!!!!!
Tom
Thanks for all your help and support. Thanks Kc for the pictures!!
Will keep everyone in the loop!
48 Chevy 3100 Shortbox 5 window "The Big Dog"
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 122 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 122 | Take pictures as it progresses and let us see how its done and how it's going. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 641 | move your floor boards out theres lots of room | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 | http://71.65.63.136/web/photos/48_gmc_truck/default.aspx Here's the truck that Joe was refering too. Way way cool!! I post post more information as I get it. Tom
48 Chevy 3100 Shortbox 5 window "The Big Dog"
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 | Update on the project. Talked with fab guy today. All systems go for the extension of 9".
Brand new box sides built and were even cutting and adding 9" to the frame so it will look correct.
Tom
48 Chevy 3100 Shortbox 5 window "The Big Dog"
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 926 | I like the looks of the stretch job;but-picture it chopped about 3 inches!! Speed | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 | I am going ot see my truck Tuesday. I will get some pictures to post.
I am real excited to get this done. I need help tho
I need a name for my truck..............
Tom
48 Chevy 3100 Shortbox 5 window "The Big Dog"
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,636 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,636 | Okay, my wife walked by about the time I was looking down the list and here is what she saw.
"Has anybody added 8". I had to click on here real quick to let her know what I was looking at. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 205 | Hey Everybody
ALL I CAN SAY IS OH MY GOD!!!!!!m You should see my truck it looks awesome. My Fabricator Dan @ YOUNGS WELDING AND RODS in ADAMS MN. is a miricle worker!! call him @ 507 582 3232. If you need anything done fabricating or designing he can do it. He is on the border of mN and Iowa.
When I get some pictures we will post them so you can see the progress.
Thanks to everyone who pushed me! I needed the extra nudge and vote of confidence. My truck it going to be a show stopper!!!!
Tom
48 Chevy 3100 Shortbox 5 window "The Big Dog"
| | |
| |
| |