The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (D B Cooper, 1955 1 Series, Rexville48, Robert Crandall, NorCal52Suburban, C10 - C90 Bill, Ponchogl), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,145
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#203733 03/13/2006 11:19 PM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
Nothing special, 1471 truck owners went there before me, but Peggy fixed it, my Truck'26 is in the Gallery and I'm happy and proud of it. grin
Thanks to the Milliman's and in spite of the cold weather, I'm still "working" on my truck until the temperature is a bit more acceptable.

Thanks Guys

Richard

#203734 03/14/2006 1:14 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
Good Story Richard!
Sure is a project.
As soon as you get a chance, go to Reynolds. They have sooooo much interesting stuff.
Looks good!
Colin

#203735 03/14/2006 1:36 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 22
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 22
Richard,

That is a super find!! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this wonderful old bolt. Good luck in your search to get her back to original status. Cheers.

-Will


"Remember who you are and what you represent"

1961 Chevrolet C-20 Apache
#203736 03/14/2006 2:16 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
Thanks guys, it will take some time so be patient, but I'll keep you posted.
Colin: Reynolds is on my wish list for a long time, but the horses and the cattle come first, we're calving until the end of May, so June will be the month I guess. I'll give you a date later; maybe we'll do a coffee somewhere if your schedule allows it.

#203737 03/14/2006 2:40 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
Great story Richard! Looking forward to watching your progress


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#203738 03/14/2006 3:43 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Truck26,
the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA) is a great source of information for you, for your truck. They have experts for all the old models cars and trucks. Their member's monthly magazine has a list of people to consult and they have one assigned to your year of truck. In addition, their website is very helpful and it puts you in touch with their members. I have received some great advice from them when I needed it.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#203739 03/14/2006 3:59 AM
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
Larry: Thanks, too much honor, thanks to Peg it's almost English. Progress will be slow, but I’m going to drive it before it is a 100 years old.

Truckernix: I’m a member of their site, not of the VCCA yet, I’ll post there, just like the Bolt, under Truck’26, nice people, very strict about original, but I guess they have to, to keep it original. Once I sell some horses I’ll be a member too. But the “chat” at the bolt is better so I “waste” my time here :rolleyes: and hop over to them to check out my friends of the 1912-1928 group. Nice topics, but …… different than the bolt.

#203740 03/14/2006 10:38 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Truck'26,
they are very nice people indeed. The magazine is not all that awesome but I believe that you may have a little more access to some rare parts and official expertise. You have a very classic project there, one that will have a lot of history too. I find the mystery of the journey in the restoration process is half the pleasure of the hobby.

My wife has encouraged me to keep a journal of my project and I think some day I will be glad that she did.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0