The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (moparguy), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,360
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 74
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 74
I just got a new passenger side fender for my 64 chevy c10 and it wont fit on has anyone had trouble with these reproductions. I also have replaced the inner fender wells. and they might be bent but they went in okay.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
T-rav:

I have had mixed results with the aftermarket reproduction front fenders for the '60-'66 Chevy trucks, same with the aftermarket reproduction inner fenders. Regardless of the truck retailer, I believe they all come from the same supplier, however Goodmark Industries does sell aftermarket inner & outer fenders for the '60-'66 Chevy trucks that carry the GM label. I have not bought from Goodmark, however I have heard good feedback about them and I think they are superior in fit, finish & overall quality. Good luck with your '64 C10.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 47
I just bought a replacement fender but have not tried to put it on the truck yet. I sure hope I don't have problems. The fender looks great but I don't have a clue if it fits as I have the entire front end off my truck now and it will be awhile before I get it back together.


Heres to us and those like us, theres darn few left.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
F
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,682
I was reading in a catalog the other day, and about their repro fenders they said something like..

Since these are imported, they'll probably be scratched up, have dents, and won't fit right without jacking with them for an hour. Not our problem, it's yours.

I've talked to some guys who say they just slap right on, primer and paint.. i've talked to others who said the repro fenders were a nightmare.. dosen't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
One thing I forgot to add about installing repro parts, is be sure to loose fit the inner fenders, radiator support, grill support and outer fenders to check fit and alignment prior to tightening any bolts. In the haste to get the front clip together, I have tightened bolts when I should have test fit everything, especially when there are aftermarket parts involved. Additionally, I see good quality buys on eBay and various Chevy classified post sites for inner & outer fenders, grill supports, radiator supports and hoods. With a keen eye and careful buying habits, you can find good used OEM parts for the '60-'66 Chevy trucks. Good luck with your project.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0