The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shade Baby, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 310
Hi Gang,
I don't have any VIN # problems, YET. In 1926 there were no VIN #'s and the frame # was a tag on a wooden part, as far as I can tell. Not much wood left and no tag. I have two engines, one of them might be restorable, but time will tell. So using an engine # is an option, but both aren’t new, so I might want to change them again later. What should I do to get it registered and get some insurance on it; it will be used as a truck, very carefully of course. How do I come up with an ID for this truck, I don’t think there will be many left, only 151 truck chassis made that year. And a whooping total of 410 trucks chassis the next year. I could pick a frame # from the range that was used that year and re-make a tag. But you all know Murphy’s Law. I tried to find the original papers, but they were lost in time according the grandson of the original buyer.
I could give it a #, made up, to have a unique #. Any hints on that solution?
Anyone in Canada with the original papers for his truck (pre ’30)?
Why do I want to know it now, two or three years away from running? (he wrote hopefully grin ) Because now I can put that # in every important part, without much trouble, it will be covered with paint, but it is there in case of… And once I have it registered as a truck, it will still be in my shop, but my insurance will cover any damage in case of, say fire or what ever mishap that might happen. If it’s not registered it will be old iron and that goes for $100 a ton and that wouldn’t cover my loss of $4000 of new wooden parts and all the parts that I still have to hunt down.

Thanks for your time
Richard

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the best thing to do for starters is talk to your local DMV about it - very old farm vehicles are commonly found w/o titles, and because the numbering and registration back then was so different, they may want to just issue you a number of their own making and be done w/ it - here in BC they issue numbers based on the current year and "U-BILT", which isn't the best, but good enuff for ownership/insurance purposes - also for insurance, have lots of pics and receipts!

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0