The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, BC59, 46truck), 109 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,331
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#193024 11/08/2005 7:38 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
I know the answer to this question is simple; I just don't have the physical reference (at least I think I don't) to provide it. What I need to know is, what's the distance between the "top" of the kingpin/spindle boss and the "bottom" of the axle on a stock '47-up I-beam? I have an aftermarket dropped axle, and what appears to be a dropped-stock axle. The latter seems to be more dropped than the aftermarket one, and when looking at the axle on my pickup, it appears to be the same drop as the supposed dropped one. So, either I have two stock (non-dropped) axles and one dropped aftermarket axle that isn't really dropped, or three dropped axles and no stock ones!

#193025 11/08/2005 8:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I got about 6-3/8" as per your directions. Mine is a stock axle from a 49 1/2 ton.

#193026 11/08/2005 9:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
That's what I needed...my measurements are around 9 1/4" on the new axle and roughly 10" on the dropped-stock ones. Thanks Shipwright!

#193027 11/08/2005 10:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
You bet. Now send me one of them extras. grin

#193028 11/08/2005 10:29 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 88
Sure! Send me some new leafs and a rebuilt steering box!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0