The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (TUTS 59, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Jon G, Rick Brown, Wally / Montana), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,594
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#192162 10/26/2005 4:54 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 44
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 44
a few days ago someone posted a message with links to their business which was selling kits to mount 47-54 chevys to s-10 chassis .. the name of the company is Advanced- Design Engineering. I have their website but they also listed another link which included several pictures of their products which appeared to have taken in someones backyard. Anyone have that link or suggestion on how to find it ??? anyway to search more than 3 days back?


Hello, Welcome to America
press '1' for English
Puess '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623
"MONGO"
"MONGO"
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 623


Mongo's Garage
Vintage GM Truck's & Parts
https://mongosgarage.com
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 44
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 44
Hey, thats it ! Thanks a lot. I see you have a '47 on an S-10 chassis. I'm leaning toward using the S-10 chassis under my '48. I Checked out the link to your club and saw pictures of your shop truck. Really nice. I've always heard of a "split manifold" on these old six-cylinders, and I see you have one. How is that done?

Do you have any pics of the S-10 conversion? Any " If I'd have known then, what I know now"-- type suggestions? I just returned fron the local salvage yard. Was looking for a long wheelbase chassis. The only one I found was bent in the front. Is the 118 inch wheelbase hard to find?


Hello, Welcome to America
press '1' for English
Puess '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,842
I met yelowsub this last weekend at a BBQ after he towed his yellow gmc truck on a flatbed trailer for 4 hours. He was determined to bring his rig. He showed me what he sells. If this is the direction you want to go then he is the man!

Here is a recent post showing his "yellowsub" gmc on a s10 frame, next to my green 3100 5 window.

http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=001648


A very nice guy and his family who lives in beautiful Sonora, CA.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I know he and his wife well. Haven't yet met his daughter. He is into trucks full time. You can count on him. His name is Robert.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0