The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (DHedrick, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln, Donf, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,375
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#186500 07/30/2005 1:03 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
I guess it would help if u new what kind of Chevy i'm working on? duh. 1948 1/2 ton deluxe cab, sb that came from Kansas about 15 years ago and has been in my possesion for 2 years but garage kept(cement floor) eek spiders, mice and all kinds of critters. It has been converted to 12v and a 1955, 235 stovebolt but never heard it run. When I saw it , the body ,and the price "the little ol lady" wanted for it, i didn't care if it ran or not. lol. Any help would be appreciated on steering, springs to lower, rearends, shock replacements and so on. THANX, Mike

#186501 07/30/2005 11:25 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Welcome Mike. Sounds like a great truck! Sounds like you know the drill so bring on the questions and we'll see what we can do.

Regards,
John


~ One of many.
#186502 07/30/2005 12:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The first thing that we beg for is photos!!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#186503 07/30/2005 3:36 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hey guys I wish I had a way to send picts but Im more into trucks than computer gadgets, so if i can borrow a camera or scanner I try to send some. Thanx for asking. and in advance THANX for all the help!!!!!!!!! Nice to be here! Mike

#186504 07/30/2005 6:15 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i have been to the lynchburg area. went to thomas jefferson's getaway home at poplar forrest. still get request for donations. have relatives in the harrisonburg area, was there last sept. i am from maryland orginally and have relatives in va. and wva. welcome aboard. ron


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
#186505 07/30/2005 7:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Hi Ron, I know exacly where your talking about . I use to be a stones throw away from Popular forest but now have moved to tha big city smile still about 8 miles from there. Thanx for the welcome! Mike

#186506 07/31/2005 1:21 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 60
D
DJ Offline
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 60
I worked at griffin pipe in the hole a long time ago. They still there?

#186507 07/31/2005 2:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
Yes DJ griffin pipe is still there down on the lower basin next to tha JAMES. Not washed away yet. lol


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0