| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,384 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I am running a GM 10 bolt from a 1977 Trans Am and am trying to identify a means by which I can connect the rear drums to the original E-brake set up. Specifically I am wanting to connect the right and left side cables to the outside attachment points on the pivot bar. Has anyone done this on their truck? The original brake cable does not work as the drum end has a unique mounting flange feature not supported by the new backing plates.
The other option is to use an aftermarket cable system. Does anyone have a supplier they can point me towards for this option? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 336 | I did it. I am using a Camaro rear end. I used the Camaro e-brake cables. I made brackets to hold the ends of the brake cables out of 1.5 x 1.5 angle iron. These were bolted to the frame. The cables attach to the angle iron with the usual clips. The wire portion of the cable was shortened and a new stop was attached to the end using a nicopress tool borrowed from the local yacht supply. A fork was attached to the cross bar where the original cable attached - this hooks up to the nicopress stop.
It works, but it seems to require a fairly heavy foot to apply the brake. I am thinking that eliminating the crossbar might eliminate some friction and make the whole thing work better.
Gord 1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 104 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 104 | I am running a 10 bolt from a mid eighties blazer on my 51,3100. I used the complete e-brake assembly from the blazer,old navy 51.............. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 44 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 44 | Check with Yogi's in Calamus, IA. They carry some slick fits from LOKAR to hook up even F**d 9 inch rear brakes to a stock e-brake system for a AD. Very simple to install and look great.
41 Chev 2dr coupe 51 3100 w/a 261 11 Camaro RS ragtop
| | |
| |
| |