The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#185775 07/21/2005 8:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 9
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 9
Greetings,

I lurked here a while last year, and then rediscovered the site back in February, just prior to purchasing my first ever truck - a 1953 Chevy 1/2 Ton (which was just recently added to the Stovebolt Gallery ).

I actually met my first Stovebolter in person last year, in Burlington, NC. My family and I were checking out a '48 Chevy 1/2 Ton that was for sale. As I limped the truck back to the storage facility (where it had been parked), a guy honked his horn and asked about the truck. Turns out this was Stovebolter Spanky. He wrote the Stovebolt Page website address on a pizza menu, handed it to me, and told me to check it out. The rest, as they say, is history.

That '48 didn't turn out to be "the one", but I am real excited about the '53 we recently purchased. The plan is to keep the build traditional, while updating it for safety. As nice as the truck looks in pictures, the mechanicals can stand some freshening, and that's where I hope to add my touch to the pickup.

The Stovebolt Page has already proven to be a great resource. I hope to be able to contribute over time and add to the knowledge base. In the meantime, I've still got a ton of reading to catch up on. :-)

Oh, and the reason for the handle "HAMBer_murph", is because I also spend a bunch of time over on the Jalopy Journal HAMB website, where I'm "murph". Since "murph" was already in use on the Stovebolt Page. I figured it would be easy for folks visiting both boards to know I was the same person. Definitely looking forward to getting to know folks here.

-murph

Murph, I just added the link to your post ~~ Peg

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
Welcome to the Bolt!


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
#185777 07/21/2005 11:02 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 709
Welcome Tarheel. Very nice 53 you scored.


Bruce
Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten)
New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe
The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
#185778 07/22/2005 12:08 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Welcome HAMB_murph!! You are just in time to see the Stovebolt Web site record it's 8,000 registered Stovebolter!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

That's right - 8,000!!!!!!!!!! grin grin It should happen in the next several hours.

Joe


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Welcome aboard HAMBer murph, Glad your're enjoying the ride. Let me know, the next time, your're in Burlington.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#185780 07/22/2005 10:38 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Muprh --

Nice intro. Glad you did that.

PLUS, he's done a most outstanding job with the write-up for the gallery. So, if you haven't checked it out ... you ought to!

Peg


~ One of many.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0