The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, tricordati), 157 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#182444 11/01/2004 11:45 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
I cannot believe that it is snowing already. If I could only have a heated shop to work in instead of my driveway.

From the frozen tundra of Texas,
Phil


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
RENT a stall or bay in a gas station on the week ends??????. just a thought


dan-pa
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
Most of you have seen this before.
Nice and Cold with No Slush


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
My new (100 year old) shop has two fireplaces both three feet off the ground....I'm gonna put a pizza oven in part of one

When it's cold my hands stiffen up too much to work...Pizza keeps em warm

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 74
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 74
Quote
When it's cold my hands stiffen up too much to work...
I'm the same way. I'm just glad that the new house has a heated pole building I can use to work in...


I am not bound to please thee with my answers. - William Shakespeare
1967 C10
1983 Olds Delta 88
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
There is nothing worse than busting a cold knuckle. I know what you mean. I have worked on my truck in temps below 60F, do you believe it? eek


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,831
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,831
That's why trucks are better than girlfriends- - - -they don't cry when you get up and go home!
wink wink wink
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
6" have now fallen with 4 more inches expected today. I wish I could host pics so that I could show people that it does snow it Texas.


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 77
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 77
Maybe your cold weather is heading my way. 85 degrees here yesterday, supposed to drop to the 60's next week. Hope so! I'm ready for some cool weather! cool


Just trying to avoid the potholes on the road of life!

49 Chevy COE
55 Chevy pickup
+ way too many other project vehicles!
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
People will tell you that angina hurts in your left sholder and goes down your arm

I'm here to tell you that it can also feel like working in sub-freezin' temps

Be careful guys....If you get that burnin stuff in your throat and upper chest BEWARE!

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
Went home today at lunch to find broken branches on my trees and a three and half foot high snow drift beside my house.

I love snow, but I did not expect it this early. I guess my truck hobby will be put on hold for a while.


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0