| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,695 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 | Hopefully an easy answer... I need to reconnect the heater on my '64 C10, which looks like it hasn't been used for years (ex-California!) I assume you run a larger(5/8" ?) hose from water pump to the larger diameter heater pipe (which enters the heater box to the rear) and fit a smaller (1/2" ?) hose from the small heater pipe back to the thermostat housing?
Is this the correct in/out plumbing? Thanks guys, Limey | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 55 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 55 | On my 64 I have 3/4" hose from water pump and 5/8" from intake manifold. No problems I know of and the heat will run you out of the cab. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 | Thanks Kentrucky - I could use some heat in the cab as snow is forecast!
Is the heater element easy to remove to test it? - don't want a cab full of water if it turns out it leaks! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 55 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 55 | Well, this is my first project, so I'm learning as I go, and everything is "the first time" for me...but I just started taking it apart til I had everything on the bench...cleaned out the mouse nests...repainted...and reassembled...then put it back where I found it. Seemed easy enough...but maybe I got lucky! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 48 | Stripped my heater out on Saturday and the heater core is burst (lucky I didn't connect it). At least I had a chance to remove 40 years of muck, and the fan still runs! Limey | | |
| |
| |