The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ponchogl, kades51, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,569
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#181499 01/09/2005 12:12 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 102
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 102
Well, it took me all day, but I got my horn working for the first time in god knows how long.
I don’t have a steering wheel puller, or any type of puller for that matter so I used a piece of maple, 2 C-clamps and a half inch bolt. Along with some persuasion with a hammer the wheel popped of nicely. I have never seen inside so I didn’t know how everything was supposed to work, but I did manage to fix what was broke.
Just thought I would share my excitement since my wife just looked at me blankly and said 'neat'.
I’ll tell ya though, I wish I had some heated indoor space to keep and work on the truck.


1948 3600 thriftmaster
#181500 01/10/2005 1:10 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
Great!

The horns on my '48 3/4T never worked even when I jumped them with a jumper cable. I took them apart and slid a razor blade between the pieces of Bakelite which are supposed vibrate to get them unstuck. They both came to life! Nice soundS!


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0