The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (tclederman, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 197 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 10
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 10
I have a 1946 Chevy panel that is to become a daily driver for my wife. It will be stock externally but will have updated mechanicals - 350/350 or 350/400, IFS/air suspension, disk brakes, a/c, modern seats, etc. There is a fair amount of body work to be done. I want to hire out the project to someone with experience in this kind of restorification and who is in the Dallas/Ft Worth, San Antonio or Albuquerque areas. They're all within a days drive from me, I'm out in West Texas. Does anyone have any recommendations?


Don Lewis
1946 Chevy Panel..1946 GMC Suburban..1953 GMC Suburban..1946 Ford pickup
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
Don,
There is a top notch rod shop in Amarillo. Soncy Road Body Shop has had numerous cars and bikes featured in magazines. The owner and his father have a huge collection of classic cars and hot rods. Come up here and check them out. Their phone number is 806-352-0776. The owner's name is Mark Warrick. I have seen the work that they do, and it is the best I have ever seen.

Phil


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
Hey Phil. Since you are in an answering mood. Where in Amarillo can I look for a carrier from a 68-72 3/4 ton Chevy or GMC to replace the 4:57 gears in my 48. I have been to Delany's once for a drive shaft, but that was before I had my 48. Any suggestions? My wife has to go back to the doctors on the 12th of Feb. and we may go the night before and spend the night with friends.
Ralph


rtlopez@shipleysystems.com
48 Chevy 3600 w/235
48 Chevy 3100 w/235:
You cant see the smoke on a dirt road.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 328
I would try H&H Salvage 806-381-8674 or Miller Auto Parts 806-383-7951. I have been to H&H and saw quite a bit of old stuff. I have not been to Miller, but I have met the owner and he says they have more old stuff than anyone else in town.

Phil


Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine and into your brain...that is where crappy ideas come from.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
As far as the DFW area , Sachse Rod Shop is great! 972-495-1557 . They do really nice work.
Mitch

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 255
Don, Sorry to swipe your post. Phil. Thanks for the info.
Ralph


rtlopez@shipleysystems.com
48 Chevy 3600 w/235
48 Chevy 3100 w/235:
You cant see the smoke on a dirt road.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0