The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (78buckshot, Phak1, Gdads51), 81 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#180733 11/04/2004 2:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen these once on a truck and started bidding on these but it looks like it will go higher than my current wallet will handle so I thought someone else may have deeper pockets and want to dress their truck up. Will be interesting to see how high this goes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...amp;rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT

The same guy also has the long front fender mouldings on auction also.

#180734 11/04/2004 3:19 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
I think they might go over a thousand.


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#180735 11/04/2004 5:42 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 203
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 203
Do I read the bidding correctly on those trim pieces? Hasn't lyte420 bid against himself running the price from $16.00 to $100.00 without a counter bid or is that just the way it looks?

#180736 11/04/2004 7:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
What's the "R", & "?", in the description mean. Are these Reproductions, or he isn't sure if they are. I've heard that there were some repo.'s out there, & they didn't fit as well,or look as good, as the originals.If repo.'s, the price has gone overboard.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#180737 11/04/2004 7:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Quote
Originally posted by Fatfenders:
Do I read the bidding correctly on those trim pieces? Hasn't lyte420 bid against himself running the price from $16.00 to $100.00 without a counter bid or is that just the way it looks?
When he put the $100.00 bid in, the current bid was $15.00 (or whatever the bid increment would make it). The Ebay system only bids the minimum you need to win the current bid. Then if somebody else enters a lower bid than yours it raises your bid to that amount.

So if I bid a hundred on an item sitting at $15, it would show my bid as $16. Then you see that and bid $17. It shows MY bid as $17 and you have to decide if you are going to go higher or not. So you raise your bid to $50. It shows MY bid as $50. If you put in $150 it would show your bid as $101 until someone raises you. This allows you to bid the max you would pay and then sit back and see if you win it. Probably saves Ebay a lot of server hardware because there are not so many hits.


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
#180738 11/04/2004 7:25 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
When it looks like someone is bidding against themselves, in fact, someone else made a bid but it was lower than the high bid holder's maximum.

The current bid will jump up to the amount of the new bidder's price but the original bidder is still high bidder.

New bid: $1,380


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#180739 11/04/2004 9:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
I have always liked these on the AD trucks,but that is awfully expensive

#180740 11/05/2004 6:45 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
He claims they are original. The spears have some damage and repairs.

old auction

fender spears

Look at this guys feedback. That's too many negatives for me!

#180741 11/05/2004 2:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO the neg feedback he has received is pretty bogus. If you look it is all from new ebayers who probably don't understand how the system works. I would probaby buy from this guy with little concern.

Any guy selling AD parts can't be that terrible.

#180742 11/05/2004 7:33 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
B
Moderator
Moderator
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 476
Houston, I have to disagree. In the first few pages his negative feedbacks are from people with lower transaction numbers, but if you go back a ways there are people giving him negative feedback who have hundreds of transactions. It looks to me like this guy has a track record of procrastinating on shipping, refusing to make things right and insulting people. I may have to read some of the negative feedbackers' feedback profiles to see if he is attracting losers, thus getting negative feedback, but it looks to me like the pros stay away from him, so the novices are the ones he's burning.

I'm glad I didn't pay him $1500 for something that I have to trust him to ship.


Don't lose your head to save a minute,
You need your head, your brains are in it.
Burma-Shave (1947)
#180743 11/05/2004 7:37 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Weren't these only for suburbans? With the rear fender being different, would they even fit a pickup?


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
#180744 11/06/2004 12:07 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
I've purchased fender stainless trim for my Burbs as had a couple other guys in this thread...that trim can run as much as $1800. for the fenders only(12 pcs). You can still buy "primo" fender spears from GE Creations in CA. for about $500 (set of 2).
The trim was only original on panels and burbs...only fits the front fenders on AD pickups...This original stuff is very "rare" and the price is only going to go up. I've tried to reproduce this trim but the curves and profiles are difficult and costly to replicate without press dies.
The set currently on ebay originally sold for a about $1600.(last week) but the buyer renegged... and its on again. Anything under $1800.is a bargain.


Steve G.
--------------
1942 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck

#180745 11/06/2004 12:18 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
J
Jed Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 703
As far as feedback... I bought some lights from this guy just last week, (check his feedback JED 16265) he shipped the item quickly and it was exactly as he promised. (Although, He hasn't left any feedback for me.) I watched his auctions and bid on his stuff several times before I ended up with the lights. I thought some of his practices were a little bit fishy, and his prices were exorbitant. Although I wouldn't bet the ranch on him, I can tell you, based upon my last experience, he was all right. I sure couldn't justify the price on this trim though, (worth it or not)

#180746 11/06/2004 4:15 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Hey Steve, Isn't that bidder, who renegged on the fender trim, the same guy that bought your 3 trim pieces.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#180747 11/06/2004 7:39 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
Tony, the trim was actually only used on panel trucks. I have no idea why they never used it on Suburbans, it would seem to make sense.


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0