The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#179518 05/06/2005 6:10 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
Here's a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. While rebuilding the front end of my 55 1st 3100 I noticed the center link isn't straight but instead has a uniform bow in it.Is this "normal"? If not, should I attempt to straighten it? Also, anyone have any suggestions for removing the ball studs on the various front end components? I've got all the replacement balls and sockets but can't unscrew old ball studs.

#179519 05/07/2005 1:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 104
I had a slight bend in mine also, switched to the heavy duty 7/8" dia tie rod and modern type tie rod ends . there is an article in the tech section about removing the old ball type. old navy51................


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0