The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Hotrod Lincoln, MickeyP, Peggy M, 55shaker, klhansen, Craig /49 Panel, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,386
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#179009 05/02/2005 12:19 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Guys I am looking at a 72 C-20. The truck is being adverised at 10,800, but the owner says it is negotiable. It has a 350 with the top half of the motor being rebuilt. It is a 4x4 with a manual 4spd. The truck is in the low mileage range with only about 51,000 on the odometer. The paint looks relatively good with 3 small bubbles on the doors but they are not punched through. Looks to be all original but the bed is metal, I thought that the beds were still wood in 72 but i am not sure. The bed is covered with a rhino lining. What do you think is a fair offer, I am looking for a daily driver. I am 22 and am coach franks son, Nick. We are going to drive it on tuesday so I need to have an idea on what to offer the guy.

#179010 05/02/2005 1:41 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 445
Just my opion.First the top end being rebuilt a 51,000 mi.???The valve bonnets could be hard and oil leaking by down the valve stems,but you don,t half to tear the engine down to repair that problem.The bubbles on the doors,I say they were patched a one time with Bondo.Pull on the inside of the bottom of the doors,look up under them.If you call a junkyard you will Not find these doors.They all rusted away.This means new reproduction doors for about 500 each.The Rhion linning in my opion is to hide the rotten bed floor.Negotiable??? 4500 or less.Looking for truck check my son at www.miniridgefarm.com look under custom painting.Its a 61 ford harley-davidson edition,$3,500.I live in Indepence twp near Bruntons dairy.Pa


dan-pa
#179011 05/02/2005 11:30 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 20
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 20
steel beds for 72. as for the 51,000 it's probably more like 151,000. either that or the builder set it to zero after his project was complete. around my parts 10,800 is a fair price if the truck is pristine condition. and i'm talking show quality here. i have been told that rhino linings do not hide anything. if it was dented before the spray job it will be dented after. also the stuff wont hold to rust. but thats just what i heard. i've never worked with it. round here a good looking, solid daily driver in the 67 to 72 year range runs about 5,000. give or take a couple of hundred.


it ain't yours till you bleed for it...
i reject your reality and substitute my own...

"morticia" a 69 c-10 (original)
97 ram
#179012 05/02/2005 3:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
For $10,000 I'd expect a beautiful truck.

I know of a '69 for sale at $13,000 that hasn't had a bite in several months. I think it would not be hard to find a similar truck for half the money.

I watched the odometer in my '72 roll over last summer. I don't know if this 33-year-old truck has 200,000 or 300,000 miles on it. The motor in mine has been replaced with a Targetmaster which is showing its age.

Unless you know the seller and really trust him, I'd never believe the 51,000 miles on a truck that has required engine work.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
#179013 05/02/2005 11:10 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Around here that would be a $3,000-4,000 truck. I know where you are there is a lot more rust. Also, the 3/4 ton is not worth near as much as the 1/2 ton and costs a lot more to upgrade with things like better gears, disc brakes, wheels, tires. It also rides a lot rougher.
Go to http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php3?f=68 and look at the trucks for sale, you can do a lot better.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#179014 05/04/2005 12:29 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Thanks Guys. We didn't even make an offer. Body good except for doors, engine was burning some oil. He thought it was a show truck, not even close. Yes it had over 100,000 miles on it, speedo turned back. Again thanks to all who replied!!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0