The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, FAST55, FishinToms53, 3B, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible), 100 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,632
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
It seems like forever but it's only been about 4 months. Had a 58 -235 rebuilt with a new howards cam and .040 pistons for my 49 5 window. Got the engine and trans (T5) in today. Everything went suprisingly smoothly. Tommorow (weather permitting) I'll get to the small stuff. Can't wait to fire this thing up. Here are some pics.
engine install

Another motor shot

T5 transmission

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats awesome!!!!!! Did you find the t-5? What kind of clutch did you use?
thanks!!! good luck!

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 310
8
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
8 Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 310
4 months? I was thinking I had it bad when I had to waid 5 weeks to get my short block back. Took it yesterday to get the new duals on it, and to the cruise in tonight. Man it was sweet driving it again. BTW, which Howards grind did you use? I opted for the stock 261 cam. It had about the same specs as the "mild" one Patrick's sells.


-Tim
'51 Chevy 3104 w/'56 235, 848 Head, HEI Dizzy, Corvette Cam, Split Manifold and Dual Carter YF's
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
It has to be a good feeling.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
I just took my flywheel (11" from a 261)to "The Clutch Doctor" here in Denver and he matched up the disc and pressure plate for it. I had the tranny built with the V8 gears so it has the fine splined input shaft. I just bolted it up and seems to work ok but I don't have the motor running yet. The Howard cam I got is right between the mild and rumpy that patricks sells. I'm told it will have a slightly rumpy idle. That makes me grin when I say rumpy:) I'll keep ya posted on the progress as I should have it fired up here soon. I'm waiting on my Distributor. The guy that rebuilt the engine for me is rebuilding my stock distributor. It needed some work and he is adding a pertronix unit to it for me.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 571
Also, today I had to cut and paste (weld) on the accelerator linkage to get the original pedal to work with the new motor. I also started working on the shifter stick. I'm trying to fab up an original 4 speed stick for my T5. I love the look of that tapered thin stick of the original 4 speed. The shifter location of the T5 is about 6-7" behind the original location so cutting and welding is a must. It should look stock when it's done (I hope) I'll post pics when I get a little further along. Thanks for the interest.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0