| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,338 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 141 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 141 | Hi, Folks, I'm trying to find the best shocks I can for my '59 Chevy 3200 pickup. It's like pulling teeth trying to find out the specs for these items. Has anyone found some good shocks for the money? What I need for the rear are a pair of shocks about 13.5" compressed eye-to-eye and about 24+" extended eye-to-eye with a good sized piston diameter. What say you? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 687 | Kid: The 3200 is still rated as light duty 1/2 I think back leaf springs are the difference.
So any of your vendors, Brothers, Chevy Duty, CPP, ect. carry those shocks. I can't remember but I think a couple of the guys here got them also thru their local tire dealers.
Do not go w/coil shocks the ride gets hard.
popcorn The Truth is Out There (Good luck) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | Find a local mom & pop parts store that handles Gabriel shocks. They are a good shock for the money. For my 52 3/4 ton my dealer had the front shocks in stock, the rears he had to order from their specialty catalog.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | Kid - Monroe front= #31000, rear= #LE10018 'Limited Edition' are what works on my 58 3200, as per what was listed in the books of a good parts house here
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 175 | Whew, for a minute there I thought this was going to be about lever action shocks. Check out NAPA or Advance Auto Parts. Both of those places have always had parts for my '46 and if they werent in stock they had them the next day. Usually better prices too.
Gravity - It's not just a good idea, it's the law.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 141 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 141 | Thanks, so much, Folks!
I found Gabriel Guardians with 1 3/16" pistons for $11.99 ea. at Auto Zone (P/N 82060). They're special order items, but at that price I can afford to wait a few days.
BTW, anybody know anything about using a Toyota power steering box on a solid axle Chevy truck (Golden State Parts?)
Regards, Apache Kid | | |
| |
| |