The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175801 04/24/2005 9:55 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 46
Hi Guys

Just bought my first ever "yank-tank", a 1963 GMC fleetside. No pics yet but I'll post some soon as I get her home.

She's in running order and completely original and I've no plans to mess with her yet.

Any fellow Brits post on here? I'm in West Wales.


63 GMC Fleetside; overbuilt, over-thirsty and over here!
#175802 04/25/2005 12:48 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 235
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 235
Welcome to the board Ken. There are a few Brits here. I'm originally from Scotland but I've been in Oz for a long time. Post some pics in the Gallery when you get the GMC home.

All the best

Bob

#175803 04/25/2005 12:56 AM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 235
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 235
Sorry mate got your name wrong. Welcome to the board KEV

#175804 04/25/2005 1:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 151
Hey Kev welcome aboard. I'm a Limey too; very recently joined the 'bolt as I run a 54 1st Chevy 1/2 ton resto-rod as my daily driver. Also lived in West Wales for about ten years, in the hills near Aberystwyth, just outside of the village of Cnwch Coch. (What I'd give to hear the efforts of our American friends to pronounce these.) My daily driver there was a pro-street Plymouth Duster--wider than most of the Welsh roads. Then moved to California. For one thing the language is so much easier. For another it's heaving with four-wheel muscle and old Chevy trucks. Heaven or what?

Can't wait to see pics of a GMC among the sheep in wild woolly Wales. Bought it there or over here?

Let's hear from any other Limey 'bolters.

Oh--and be sure to check out the international section of the board.

Yakidakida boyo. Christian

#175805 04/25/2005 1:44 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Hey Kev -- Welcome aboard! As the boys have said, we have quite a few Brit Stovebolters here -- and like ohpants says, be sure to check out the International forum.

As long as you're checking out stuff, be sure to check out the rest of the site, too -- we have tech articles, links, feature stories, photo contests, classified ads... Well, we try to be well-rounded...

Anyway, we're glad you're here! Hope you like it!

And by the way, I have family ties to Wales (Liverpool is where the Millimans come from), but it's been a couple of hundred years...

Regards and welcome,
John


~ One of many.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0