The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (klhansen, 32Fordpuchoptop, FAST55, walter74), 95 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,319
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#174800 04/02/2005 5:32 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
I'm helping my brother work on his 56 1 ton and the brake pedal doesn't return all the way leaving the brake lights on. I doubled up the return spring and greased the pivot with no help. If feeling like the pedal is binding up at the pivot. Can they be rebuilt?? If so where can I get parts.

John

#174801 04/02/2005 5:40 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
maybe it's binding a bit on the floor hole? I've had one do that - they get pushed sideways sometime w/ age because no one ever pushes straight down

if it is the pivot on the master cyl, it could be the pin worn, or the eye on the plunger is a bit oval from years of not being greased, so you'd have to take it apart and see - don't know of anyplace those bits can be found except good used, or you could clean it up w/ some weld and reshapeing

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#174802 04/02/2005 11:17 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 531
I'm having the same problem John. I'll let you know if I come up with anything!


Larry Bear

55.5 Chevy 3100 Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery


#174803 04/02/2005 6:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
I had the same problem with my 55.Turned out to be padal was rubbing on the carpet.I tried exrta springs,lubricating everything 3 or 4 times,and finally found the carpet was the culprit.

#174804 04/02/2005 9:09 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 19
Thank everyone for the information. I plan on taking the pedal assembly out and going thru it. I removed the felt and rubber seal in the floor to eliminate a potential cause but I still have the problem. The master cylinder is new. Jim Carter Parts has a clutch/brake pedal bushing kit for 20.00. If your interested I will let you know how I make out.

John

#174805 04/02/2005 9:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
let us know fer sure - I'd be interested in what the kit is if ya get it - the clutch and brake pedal arms are totally separate assemblies, unlike some previous years, and I can't think of anyplace they have common or even similar places for bushings

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0