Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,401 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | Hey, here's a link to my pics of the project- 49 chevy 3600. I finally figured out how to upload them on yahoo. I still have photos to scan and next week i should have photos of the cab looking like new http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rt3386/my_photos | | | | | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 331 | looking good. I like your white buket seat that doubles as a radiator fluid container. How did you strip your cab down to bare metal ? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | i had the cab blasted with glass bead... excellent media to use- does not warp metal, and leaves enough profile to the metal for priming. I have all the body work done now, i primed with PPG wash primer (on the bare metal), then topcoated that with PPG K 38. after blocking, finding little dents, pinholes, etc. I finally got the the interior painted saturday. One day this week i will be wet sanding the exterior and painting it cape maroon. I'll have more pics up asap. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2001 Posts: 1,904 | Nice truck! And a great place to work on it. What do you have planned for the engine? 1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet 34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 100 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 100 | Great truck... It looks like a nice rust-free cab to start with. Keep the photos coming!
Andy
A man is like an old truck... He will rust out before he wears out...
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | looking good. Looks like it was nice and solid when you first started tearing it down...until the inner fenders. That glass bead sure does a nice job. How long has it been since you started tearing it down? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | In answer to your questions- stock 235. the whole truck will be stock. I started tearing it down around thanksgiving. It took about 4 days to take it apart completely. I took my time and broke off very few bolts. As you guys know, i can't put as much time into it as i'd like sometimes, then other times i don't want to mess with it anyway. At least the budget is not a factor, as I am doing this project for my dad. Can you believe he only paid $1500 for it and drove it home!!?? The cab was in awesome shape, had to patch up one cab corner, the front botton corners where the fenders mount up, and had to weld a few cracks in the dash, and had to dolly and fill a bunch of dents. The exterior of the cab will be painted this week, and I'll have more pics. I figure I'll have the whole truck done within a year. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Hey, that red 69 is way boss!  Why not tell us a bit about that jewel. I just accumulated a 72 that I will start on here in a while. Pretty amazing to see the old dog and then see the old dog sans crap paint and filth. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 | Boy it sure is nice to have a garage? My project sat for almost a year because I did not want to mount the motor with out being under complete cover.
Jake | | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2003 Posts: 1,271 | Thanks for the pictures! It's fun to see the progress of another old truck coming back to life!
~~ Alan Horvath 1954 Chevy PickupSinging his praises in thePassing Lane | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 438 | oldacarandtrucknut- where did you get the leather bucket seats for the 69?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 425 | the leather bucket seats...... I happened to stop by a junk yard one day just to get an idea how much something like that would cost and how hard it would be to find.... Well, the owner of the place pointed me to a 98 Tahoe that had EXACTLY what i wanted. How much you ask? ready for this?.... 200 or 250, i can't remember- but that was for the seats, console and seatbelts. I had to clean them for a while, and had a piece of leather replaced on the driver's seat. Nice seats for cheap, i was and still am happy.  A little more about the truck... I did all the work myself except for final bodywork and paint. It was a frame up build, 400 small block, muncie 4 speed, 95 stepside bed. I also made the guage cluster, installed the one piece side windows, ummm.... what else... ask me all the questions you'd like  | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 75 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 75 | wow, I really have "shop envy". Maybe one day I'll have a real place to work!!!! Good luck with your project. I've done a handful of old cars/trucks and I must say they've all started out as "6 month" projects but none were done in less than 2 years!!!!!! I'm sure some people are able to stick with a schedule, but it always seems like there is something else to fix once you get into it.
'53 chevy 3/4 ton
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 30 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 30 | THE 69' IS SOOOO SWEEEETTTT!!!WHAT ARE THE REAR TIRE ....18.50'S ??????????? I'M PUTTING A SET OF PRO MICKEYS UNDER MY 50' AND THINKING OF THE NEWER STYLE BED AS WELL ...I THINK THE NEW BEDS ARE KEWL LOOKING ,..............GARY | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 | | | |
| |