The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#174020 01/10/2005 10:15 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
In an other thread Jim wrote:

"When gas was gas I'd get 15 but not for years now(mine has a big camper on it) I'm lucky to get 8 if I push it 75-80 it's half that"

I also learned that the gas also here in Germany is not anymore what it was before. I used to get better milage 10 jears ago.

Any thoughts or info what did they do to gas and why?

Frank

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 523
Hi Frank

Each emissions"improvement" has cost all of us tons-a-money
Somehow it's greener to burn more fuel

What's a ltr cost in Germany now?

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
Quote
Originally posted by J.H.Proffit:
Hi Frank

Each emissions"improvement" has cost all of us tons-a-money
Somehow it's greener to burn more fuel
No kidding. I was thinking that just last month when I delivered ten gallons of bad gas to the local hazmat facility.

What used to last years now lasts about three months.

BTW, has anybody seen my fuel stabilizer?

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I knew it wasn't my imagination. I have seen fuel go bad much quicker, foul plugs & eat up accelerator pumps. Stabilizer(Sta-bil)is not seeming to help, I have been starting/driving stuff more often & keeping them low. Used to keep all my stuff full to prevent condensation, now keep them low so fresh gas can be added.


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
@Jim

We have 4 octan classes over here

Regular 92 octan
Super 95 octan
Super plus 98 octan
Ultimate 100 octan

the liter regular is 1,62$ here in Germany
that`s 6,12$ a gallon

the liter Ultimate is 2,70$
that`s 10,20$ a Gallon eek

- you folks live in a cheap fuel country grin

Frank

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where I live, the gas all now contains at least 10% ethanol. Alcohol in general contains only half the btu's per unit of volume that gas contains. In other words you have to burn twice as much alcohol as gas to do the same amount of work. So, the 10% alcohol content alone would account for about a 5% decrease in gas mileage.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
I hear stories from folks who burn the stuff in the winter that their mileages drop dramatically when they have to burn the methanoled gas. So by 20% more fuel being burnt to do the same amount of work, is the reduction in pollution really a reduction?

#174027 01/11/2005 10:45 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
I've noticed the same thing about Taco Bell lately. It used to give me gas for days on end but lately the fix only lasts a couple of hours. :p


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
#174028 01/11/2005 11:26 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 543
Stovebold, we all get our gas from the same places. You can blame your governments over there for extreme taxation. The actual cost of the fuel here and there is the same, believe it or not. The additional money your government extorts from you to use the roads is confiscatory taxation. Plain and simple.

Granted, your roads are a lot better there, and your distances are much shorter to get from point "A" to point "B". But, I'd rather put up with a lesser-quality road and afford to drive my car than have pristine highways, but no money in my pocket to buy fuel to drive on those roads!!!


Pessimist - Sees glass as half-empty. Optimist - Sees glass as half-full. Gov't- Sees glass and takes it from you because you have a glass.
Political Correctness: A philosophical belief system bereft of common sense and logic, that supports and rewards ignorance and stupidity.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 35
D
Junior Member
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 35
when me and my daughter drove out to utah to pick up her 51, the three squirrels that power my metro got awfully sick on that gas/alcohol mix. I thought the darn car was broken, but it cleared right up once we got out of the corn squeezins for gas states. Yea we went out to utah to buy the 51, and drove it spittin and fartin all the way back to rhode island, I can't say it was a real smart thing to do (could have shipped it), but it was an experience.

duddy


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0