| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (3800GUY, Patina 54, moparguy, Woodcmiami, Otto Skorzeny, John L., D B Cooper),
152
guests, and
7
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,098 Posts1,056,167 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 17 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 17 | I have a 40 Chevy want to put it on 89 S-10 4x4 5 speed Has any one tried this. Have any suggestions. Looks like I will have to move engine and trans-transfer case back 6 inch, Can use some help. Project has been stalled while trying to decide how to do it. Thanks Diego | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I can't help with the details, though I've seen a similar truck mounted on similar running gear, so I'd conclude it can be done...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | Do a search on this web site -- I recall that we've had at least one discussion on this in the past. One of the bottom line considerations to keep in mind, though, is that your essentially taking components (and heavy ones) off a 1/2-ton (or larger) rated chassis and putting them on a lighter-duty chassis. I'm not sure what the S-10 is rated at (1/4 ton?), but you are asking a lot of that dinky  S-10 frame -- be careful!!! Regards, John
~ One of many.
| | |
| |
| |