The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 136 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167009 04/23/2005 2:17 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of you other folks would remember the discussion we had in the old Lounge about the refugees who drove their 1951 Chevy truck on pontoons from Cuba? I mentioned it on another website I frequent and was hoping to post a link to an article about the incident.

If anyone here can remember a link, that would be great! smile

Regards,
Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
#167010 04/23/2005 2:44 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
Hey Wannabe,

How are you? I remember the story and seeing it on the news, but don't know of a link. I do remember the Coast Guard sank it.

I haven't been around the Bolt much lately and was wondering if you're still Wannabe(no bolt)?

I have actually bought another 53. It was an unfinished project that I put together just enough to drive and had a ball with it last summer. It's Camaro front and rear, V8, etc.I took it back apart this winter to fix some substandard resto, etc. I got laze and busy with life this winter and haven't got it back together.


Ron Thompson
51 Chevy 1/2 ton
36 F@rd coupe
65 Riviera

#167011 04/23/2005 2:52 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 159

#167012 04/23/2005 3:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the BBC \'bolt-a-boat\' story
for a Cuban take on it, scroll down, you\'ll see the pic
and don't fergit the 59 Buick sequel - a finned V8 woulda smoked that float-bed 6

grin grin grin grin grin
you guys really gotta learn google is your friend

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#167013 04/23/2005 3:08 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
I found this link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7267457/

Doug 57

#167014 04/24/2005 1:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 398
Bolters,

Thanks, all, for the replies and links. I really appreciate it.

Ron-yes, I'm still dreamin' the dream of an AD streetrod pickup. Right now, I'm playing around with an old Honda Civic, think of it as "restoration in training." grin

Regards,
Wannabe smile


"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0