| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 | Hey all, Was wondering if any of you other folks would remember the discussion we had in the old Lounge about the refugees who drove their 1951 Chevy truck on pontoons from Cuba? I mentioned it on another website I frequent and was hoping to post a link to an article about the incident. If anyone here can remember a link, that would be great! Regards, Wannabe 
"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 102 | Hey Wannabe,
How are you? I remember the story and seeing it on the news, but don't know of a link. I do remember the Coast Guard sank it.
I haven't been around the Bolt much lately and was wondering if you're still Wannabe(no bolt)?
I have actually bought another 53. It was an unfinished project that I put together just enough to drive and had a ball with it last summer. It's Camaro front and rear, V8, etc.I took it back apart this winter to fix some substandard resto, etc. I got laze and busy with life this winter and haven't got it back together.
Ron Thompson 51 Chevy 1/2 ton 36 F@rd coupe 65 Riviera
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 159 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 313 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 398 | Bolters, Thanks, all, for the replies and links. I really appreciate it. Ron-yes, I'm still dreamin' the dream of an AD streetrod pickup. Right now, I'm playing around with an old Honda Civic, think of it as "restoration in training." Regards, Wannabe 
"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
| | |
| |
| |